Méduse’s international residencies are offered in collaboration with the cooperative member organizations. Each organization has its own participation in the program. Here is the list of available mentor organizations for the international residencies.
- Antitube (cinema) – writing and pre-production projects;
- Avatar (audio and electronic art) – creation and production projects;
- La Bande Vidéo (video) – creation and production projects;
- Engramme (printmaking) – creation and production projects;
- L’OEil de Poisson (visual and multidisciplinary arts) – creation and production projects;
- Spira (cinema) – research-creation and post production projects;
- VU (photography) – creation and production projects;
- Manif d’art (visual arts) – public art, writing and curatorial projects.
Duration: 3 months, January > March 2021 & April > June 2021
Deadline extended to 6 July.
Writing, curatorial, research-creation, or production projects in one or more disciplines of visual and media/digital arts.
- The call is aimed primarily at emerging artists (the emerging artist concept is left to the discretion of the jury, which will be based primarily on the artist’s career more than on age)
- Have a professional artistic status
- The artist must hold a citizenship other than Canadian
Offered by the residency:
- 3 months accommodation in single occupancy in nearby accommodation;
- production allowance: CA$ 6,000 (~4000 EUR) *** ;
- access to coop member rates for equipment rentals and services;
- promotion of the residency;
- organization of artist talks or public presentations;
- production of a short video clip documenting the residency and/or the project.
*** The allowance is given to the artist to cover his/her international transportation (home-Méduse), material purchases and/or rental, production expenses and personal expenses (food, transportation, etc.).
How to Apply: Via online submission