126 Artist-run Gallery is delighted to announce they are accepting submissions to exhibit in January 2020, as part of the 126 Internship programme. The interns are inviting artists, at all stages of their professional career, to apply. Submissions are open to all members of 126 Artist-run Gallery.
Mind, Breath, Beat’
This year, we are inviting submissions of work that explores the cerebral, the existential and the rhythmic.
The theme is open to numerous responses, interpretations and proposals. They are looking for a variety of approaches to the artistic process: playful, inventive and thought-provoking ways in which artists engage with their methods.
Some things to consider (potential sub-themes):
• how the above ideas potentially interact within your work
• what kind of questions your work provokes; what language does it speak in?
• the mind-body problem
• aspects of gesture
• aspects of psychogeography
Email your proposal as a single PDF file (max 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Exhibition Proposal” in the subject line of the email.
Please make sure your proposal includes the following:
• CV: Max 2 pages. Containing name, address, email, phone and website (if available)
• Artist Statement: Max 200 words.
• Proposal Summary: Please provide a summary (max 500 words) of the project you are proposing. This should cover the main themes of the work and outline how you intend to install it within the space.
• Supporting Material: Max 10 items. Details of material, dimensions, year of production. Links to video and audio to be provided. Please do not include audio or video files in submission.
• Exhibiting Artists will receive a fee for participation.
• You must be a 126 Artist-Run Gallery member to submit. Annual membership costs €10 (unwaged/student) /€20. Visit 126gallery.com to join up today and avail of this and other upcoming opportunities in 2019/20.