The nature park Hoher Fläming is located about 80 km southwest of Berlin and Potsdam, in southwest Brandenburg (Germany). It is well known for its diverse and idyllic scenery, many cultural treasures and widely varied flora and fauna. Its uniqueness as well as easy accessibility turn the park into a cherished destination among hikers. There is no doubt the Internationaler Kunstwanderweg (German for ‘International Art Walking Trail’) is one of its highlights. The 40-km long circular trail connects the city of Bad Belzig to the municipality of Wiesenburg and hosts 28 artworks standing in a rather original dialogue with the surrounding scenery, offering all hikers an extraordinary way of experiencing both nature and culture.
The International Art Walking Trail is the trademark of the multifaceted mission Naturpark Ho- her Fläming e.V. has set for itself from the start. The association does not want to focus exclusively on the sustainable preservation of buildings, monuments and landscape. It aims as well at promoting art with exhibitions and events in the entire region. Its latest goal is expanding the International Art Walking Trail by innovating it through digital art. For this very reason digitally savvy artists are sought to bring their enthusiasm to the project!
Hoher Fläming are already working on enhancing with digital 3D contents the artworks already installed along the 7-km long leg of the trail between Klein Glien and Wiesenburg. Five brand-new, site-specific artworks in augmented reality should be conceived to be added to that leg of the trail too.
The winning artist will receive:
- A 4-week artist residency starting from 1 August 2022, in a hotel-like establishment in a single room with full board (local and organic, mainly vegetarian).
- Access to spacious coworking facilities at the internationally known workation retreat ‘Coconat’ located directly on the International Art Walking Trail.
- Access to professional infrastructure and technology (such as a 3D scanner) on location.
- Peer-coaching formats as well as mastermind sessions to help you develop the concept of your artwork.
- 7000 Euro grant + travel expenses for arrival and departure.