Kettle’s Yard and their neighbouring communities in North Cambridge are looking to commission an excellent programme conceived by an artist for the 6th edition of Open House: Evolving City artist residency. Kettle’s Yard’s Open House community programme aims to empower communities in North Cambridge to actively shape the cultural life of their city through developing innovative and engaging projects in collaboration with the very best artists working today. This is a unique opportunity for an artist with a socially engaged practice to co-produce new work through dialogue and workshops with the community. From March 2020 to February 2021, the artist will be ‘in residence’ in North Cambridge, working alongside community groups and individuals to collaboratively realise an innovative and inspiring art project. This will lead to a public presentation or celebratory event at the end of the residency in a community setting. The residency also asks artists and community to think about the ways in which the project can connect to Kettle’s Yard. The artist will receive a fee of £6,000 for 20 days (140 Hours) working directly with communities, a fee of £1,500 for research, administration, meetings and evaluation time, and a budget of up to £3,000 for production costs.
Please submit one PDF file titled LastName_FirstName including:
• A one page A4 CV
• Details of two referees
• 300-word statement of interest explaining why you would like to be considered and how your experience is appropriate
• 300 word proposal outlining how you might respond to the aims of Open House and work with communities through your art practice
• Two examples of relevant past work with communities, including 2/3 images or links to video/audio works, or a combination of both for each example
Please do not send additional catalogues or other material in the post as it will not be reviewed or returned. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Open House Artist Opportunity.
Applicants should have a socially-engaged practice and experience of working collaboratively. The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
• Quality of the project proposal for the residency
• Reasons for applying
• Experience of working collaboratively including two referees
• Expected impact that the residency will have on communities in North Cambridge
For more visit: kettlesyard.co.uk/…