Photon Foundation has announced an open call for artistic residencies, during which artists will create audiovisual projects shown in the 360° Gallery in Krakow, Poland.
During a seven-day residency, six selected artists will have the opportunity to work on the innovative projection system of the 360° Gallery in the Hevre+1 space in the centre of the Kazimierz district at Beera Meiselsa 18 street in Krakow. The aim of the residence is to create original audiovisual projects dedicated to the 360° Gallery projection system, which will be publicly presented at the end of the residence.
There are two periods of residence to be chosen from in the application form 18-26 October 2020 and 23-30 November 2020.
- Stipend of the amount of 2000 PLN (~500 EUR).
- Reimbursement of travel costs to/from Krakow max. up to 1000 PLN (~230 EUR).
- Accommodation in a separate apartment near the 360° Gallery during the residency.
- Access to the space and projection technology of the 360° Gallery at fixed hours.
- Substantive, technical, production and promotional support for the project.
- Audiovisual show in front of a wide audience finalising the residence.
The projection system in the 360° Gallery is built of 10 projectors offering the ability to display an image in a resolution of 16910×1080 px. The full specification can be found here.
Applications are invited from audiovisual artists or artistic groups (max. 2 people).
To submit your proposal for a residency with an audiovisual project, fill out and submit the online application form.
All applications received will be a subject to substantive evaluation by the jury consisting of the members of the Photon Foundation and external experts.