The Radio Art Residency is an international fellowship programme for artistic practice on the radio.
The programme is for artists working in the field of acoustic and time-based arts (radio, performance and sound artists). Applications are open to artists from non-German speaking countries without residence in Germany.
Although experience in radio production is not necessarily required, an interest in engaging with the medium and using the radio for your own work is expected
Period: from 1 April to 30 June 2021.
Offered by the residency:
- Financing of arrival and departure expenses
- Provision of accommodation in Weimar for 3 months
- A monthly fellowship of 2,300 euros (includes material and production costs as well as costs for local transport and travelling)
- A broadcast in the Klangkunst programme of Deutschlandfunk KulturCuratorial supervision and technical support by Experimental Radio at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
- Provision of airtime by bauhaus.fm (Radio Lotte)
How to Apply:
Please send your application by to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Radio Art Residency
- With full contact details, educational background and an overview of your artistic career to date (residencies, other fellowships), 2 pages maximum
- Cover Letter
- Please describe your motivation for participating in the residency programme in a maximum of 2 pages. Please also describe the project you would like to work on during your stay and describe your approach to the medium.
- Please send us a brief portfolio that provides insights into your previous artistic work.
- Please submit your application as a single PDF document. Audio files may be sent via email or uploaded to relevant digital platforms.
Website: Radio Art Residency Weimar