|Closing date||17:30, Thursday 08 September 2022|
|Telephone||01 6180200/01 6180243|
Purpose, aims and objectives
The purpose of Strategic Funding is to invest in and support the essential infrastructure required to sustain and develop the arts in Ireland.
Recipients of Strategic Funding must play a critical part in delivering the policy priorities of Making Great Art Work, the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy.
In offering Strategic Funding, the Arts Council wishes to ensure:
- The delivery of excellent artwork and/or events activities and services
- Excellent opportunities for artists and/or arts professionals to develop their practice and/or to create or to be engaged in high-quality work
- That the diversity of contemporary Ireland is reflected in the work it supports
- That more people will enjoy high-quality arts experiences
- Increased depth of engagement by and with the public
- Standards of excellence in governance and management in the arts.
Guidelines will be available mid-June
Who can apply?
Organisations that are formally constituted and have a track record for the delivery of the arts.
Preparing your engagement information
Additional guidance on preparing engagement information for your application is available in our new public engagement section which includes definitions, tools and resources to support you.