For this year’s open submission exhibition entitled Make Your Mark, Siamsa Tíre invites professional fine art printmakers based in Ireland to exhibit in our round gallery space by responding to the themes of fire, wind, water and earth. Artists must submit original prints which have been created using traditional printmaking techniques, such as woodcut, etching, engraving, lithography and screen printing. The submitted artworks should depict or be inspired by one or more of the four elements.
The exhibition will be displayed in Siamsa Tíre’s main round gallery space and will be presented in parallel to an exhibition of print and design artwork in Siamsa Tíre’s surrounding gallery spaces which have been developed as part of Siamsa Tíre’s visual identity refresh. More info on this parallel exhibition is available on www.siamsatire.com.
There is no entry fee for submissions to Make Your Mark.
Artists are permitted to submit a maximum of 2 artworks for consideration. Artworks can be submitted for sale or can be exhibited as reserved not for sale. Any artwork that you do not want to be made available for sale should be clearly priced as “not for sale.”
Please follow the submission procedure described below.
Entry Deadline: 08/11/21 5pm
Open For Submissions: 21st October 2021
Submission Deadline: Monday, 8th November 2021 at 5pm
Selection Notification to Artists: by 5pm Friday, 12th November 2021
Confirmation of Participation Deadline: Tuesday, 16th November 2021
Delivery of Selected Artwork (by appointment): from Saturday, 13th November – Monday, 22nd November, 2021.
Exhibition Open To Public: Saturday, 27th November, 2021
Exhibition Opening Reception: Thursday, 2nd December, 2021 5.30pm – 7pm
Collection of unsold work (by appointment): from Monday, 17th January 2022 – Saturday, 22nd January 2022.
The exhibition will be held at the Siamsa Tíre, Town Park, Tralee. The exhibition will be open to visitors during our standard public opening hours as advertised on our website from Saturday, 27th November, 2021 to Saturday, 15th January 2022 inclusive.
Siamsa Tíre reserves the right to alter public opening hours and advertise these changes on our website without notice to exhibitors.
Submissions of work are invited from visual artists based in Ireland working in traditional printmaking techniques such as woodcut, etching, engraving, lithography and screen printing. Works outside these categories are not accepted. Works from artists who are not based in Ireland will not be accepted. Delicate and fragile work which requires additional protection in order to display it or work that could cause damage to others will not be accepted. Work that arrives damaged or unfit for exhibition due to any material defect will be automatically deemed ineligible for exhibition.
The submission procedure is a two-step online process:
- Complete the online form available on Siamsa Tíre’s website here: https://forms.office.com/r/kNGgE5XzvX
The form has space for two artworks to be submitted. However, you are not obliged to submit two artworks, you can choose to submit only one.
The form will ask you for the following information for each piece:
- Your email address
- Artist name
- Artwork title
- Dimensions of just the artwork itself (image only)
To assess your submission, we need to know the actual size of the image itself in reality. You should measure from the outer edges of the image itself, excluding the surrounding white space or borders and frames in which it will be displayed etc.
- Dimensions of the artwork including framing
We also need to know the size of the piece including the frame around it, so we can be assured it will fit in our gallery space.
- Upload your image/s
Once you have completed the online form, you will receive an automatic email asking you to upload your image/s by clicking a link and following the instructions.
You should check your spam or junk mail folder if you have completed the online form but don’t receive this automatic email.
Failure to complete both steps will invalidate your submission, so if you encounter any technical issues, or if you require any assistance with the submission procedure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the issue you are encountering. Our Gallery Exhibition Co-Ordinator, Isobel Burch, works part-time, so there may be a slight delay in returning to you, but she will be happy to assist you if you are encountering any problems with submitting your work for consideration.
Works will be selected from the digital application, so artists should ensure that the quality of the submitted digital image is high and accurately represents the physical artwork.
All work selected for exhibition will be expected to be for sale with the exception of artworks submitted as priced “Not For Sale”. A sale commission of 20% is charged by the gallery. It will be assumed that the sale price includes all your costs and our commission. Please allow for these points when pricing your work. Prices should also include VAT, if applicable.
All communication will be via email. Applicants will be responsible for checking their email accounts on the key dates specified above to see if they have been selected. If selected, artists will be asked to confirm receipt of their selection notification and confirm that they will participate in the exhibition and will deliver their artworks by the delivery deadline. Failure to confirm participation by the deadline above will disqualify the artist from exhibiting. Failure to deliver the artworks by the deadline specified above will disqualify the artist from exhibiting.
Selection will be made by a panel of Siamsa Tíre staff and a guest professional fine art printmaker. Artworks will be presented to the selection panel anonymously and judged solely on merit. The decision is final, and binding and no correspondence or feedback will be entered into under any circumstance.
Artists are responsible for insuring their own work during transport and exhibition if the value exceeds €1,000. All works accepted for exhibition will be transported entirely at the artists’ risk and Siamsa Tíre will not accept liability for loss or damage occurring travel to the exhibition or during the selection process.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
Siamsa Tíre will not pay customs charges, duty or any associated charges on works arriving by courier. It is the artist’s responsibility to ensure that the work is correctly packaged, as Siamsa Tíre will not accept responsibility for work damaged in transit or by any third parties. All works delivered must be:
- Adequately wrapped and packaged to protect the artwork during transport and handling.
- Professionally presented, complete with appropriate mechanisms for hanging (needing no further work, additions or framing prior to hanging)
- Labelled clearly on the reverse of the piece to include:
- Artist name
- Artwork title
Unsold works from must be collected on the designated dates by appointment. If an artist is unable to collect on these days, you must ask someone to collect on your behalf. Siamsa Tíre will not pay for delivery to return unsold artworks to artists. Works not collected by the deadline will be disposed of without further notice including destruction or donation to third parties.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Siamsa Tíre reserves the right to reject work that it believes is in breach of copyright laws.
- Work must be professionally presented and ready for exhibition. All artworks must be presented ready to exhibit with complete and adequate mechanisms for hanging. Delicate and fragile work which requires additional protection in order to display it or work that could cause damage to others will not be accepted under any circumstances. Work that arrives damaged or unfit for exhibition due to any material defect will be automatically deemed ineligible for exhibition.
- All works must be submitted with a sale price which includes all costs and commissions or must be clearly priced as “not for sale”.
- Artists sending works from outside the EU are responsible for payment of any associated duties or taxes. Siamsa Tíre will not be responsible for resolving any customs issues that may occur.
- The upmost care will be taken of all works submitted for exhibition. Siamsa Tíre will not be responsible for any damage, loss of or destruction of any works for any reason whatsoever. Artists should insure their works against all risks. Works are insured when accepted to the exhibition and are condition checked by the gallery.
- In order to meet deadlines, incomplete applications will not be accepted. Siamsa Tíre will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in information provided by the artist. Siamsa Tíre will not be liable for any loss arising out of any error, omission or decision made by the selection committee.
- Work not collected from Siamsa Tíre on the designated days will be disposed of.
- The artist allows Siamsa Tíre to use images of any artwork for publicity and public engagement purposes only. This includes television, print (price lists, catalogues, newspapers, trade publications), website (Siamsa Tíre and others), social media (Siamsa Tíre and others) and any other method that Siamsa Tíre deems fit for purpose.
- No work may be removed from the exhibition until after the close of the exhibition.
- Sold work will be marked with a red dot. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of 20% is required to secure a sale. Siamsa Tíre will not be liable for any loss arising out of the failure by a purchaser to complete a sale or the mis-marking of any piece sold. 20% commission from the listed price will be retained by Siamsa Tíre from all works sold during the exhibition. Artists will be paid after the close of the exhibition and only if Siamsa Tíre has been fully paid by the buyer.
By submitting to the exhibition, you are deemed to accept and agree to the following:
- The decision of the Selectors on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- I understand that Siamsa Tíre reserves the right to make such changes to the exhibition arrangements and these Terms & Conditions as may be deemed necessary by circumstances.
- I authorise Siamsa Tíre to process, store, and utilise the data in my submission and agree that, if selected for exhibition, images of my work can be freely used by Siamsa Tíre and associated organisations for promotional and publicity purposes.
- All information provided by me is true and accurate and that the work submitted is wholly of my own creation.
- I have read and understood these terms and conditions and by submitting this application I accept and agree to observe all the Terms and Conditions therein.