The Photographic Artist Residency is focused on contemporary artists for whom photography is at the core of their practice. It is designed to allow participants the time, space and resources to develop a lens-based body of work that will culminate in a public exhibition, photo book, zine etc to be exhibited/launched at The Darkroom. Participants will have access to specialist cameras and equipment (including large and medium format cameras) in addition to other residency resources as listed
The Photography Artist Residency of 2020 Runs: from February 11th to May 11th. Artist exhibition will run at the end of the residency for 10-14 days.
What the Artist receives:
- A private studio that is also an analogue darkroom with sink, enlarger all that you need, including a desk and storage.
- Each artist will receive an artist fee of €1250.00
- As well as €1100.00 towards their materials
- Mentorship, weekly feedback sessions, training, technical support, advice and access to Darkroom courses (depending on availability of space) as well as 1-2-1 teaching sessions
- Will get to make a Photographic Artist Residency ‘Zine’ created on risograph printer in Facebooks ARL
- Full access to the photography studio (except when there is classes on in the space)
- Use of camera and studio equipment (with prior booking)
- Access to professional Epson scanner and a printer (with prior booking)
- Use of our in-house photography library
- Access to hot desk
- The residency will do an artist talks/ workshops at Facebook and one in The Darkroom
For this Residency, if you do not live in Dublin we have a budget of $5000.00 Dollars from Airbnb towards accommodation in an Airbnb property.
This Residency is sponsored by Facebook Art department The Facebook Art Department has a collective mission to encourage creativity, innovation, openness, and connectivity through art and design.