Tipperary County Council allocates funding annually under the Arts Act Grant Scheme to assist the development of the arts in County Tipperary.
The “arts” means any creative or interpretative expression (traditional or contemporary) in whatever form, and includes visual arts, theatre, literature, music, dance, opera, film, circus and architecture, and any medium when used for those purposes.
The Arts Act grant scheme is intended to assist groups and organisations in stimulating public interest in the arts, promoting the knowledge, appreciation and practice of the arts or in improving standards in the arts in the county.
Events supported under this scheme should aim to deliver quality arts experiences to participants and audiences, to increase opportunities for participation and engagement in the arts and to contribute to the development of the arts in the county.
Please note that this is a competitive scheme.
• Groups and organisations seeking funding assistance under this grant scheme must be based in the Tipperary administrative area.
• Groups/organisations may only make one application per annum.
• Only ‘not for profit’/voluntary groups or organisations are eligible to apply to receive funding assistance.
• Groups must be registered with the Public Participation Network (PPN) in order to receive funding assistance from Tipperary County Council.
• Funding assistance can be given for the artistic costs involved in running an arts programme, project or event which would, in the opinion of the Council, deliver quality arts experiences to participants and audiences, to increase opportunities for participation and engagement in the arts and to contribute to the development of the arts in the county.
• Organisations or groups wishing to work with an artist must engage a Professional Artist and must provide the artist’s CV with the application.