In 2022, the Points International Artist Residency Programme (under the Troy House Arts Foundation) will expand and officially launch a new artist residency in both Wales and London, UK. The new residency space in Wales is due to open in 2022 and is located on the grounds of a seventeenth-century Troy House estate in Monmouthshire. The extensive riverside land will be preserved and transformed to provide exhibition space, artist studios/homes and a Troy House Art research centre. Our mission is to create a unique ecological environment that encourages diverse, multidisciplinary and experimental contemporary art-making as well as to support artists from around the world to develop their work and research at this location.
Points International Artist Residency will invite two international artists for a 1-3 months residency. The residency will help the artist to develop professionally and build networks as well as provide a supportive environment for research and production. During the residency, Points will organise regular visits and networking events with art world professionals, inviting audiences to discover and access the artists’ studios to foster a greater public engagement as well. The artist-in-residence will have the opportunity to showcase their work at the Foundation’s London space.
The Deadline for This Residency Is: May 31, 2022
Number of Recruits: 2
Duration of the Residency: September – December 2022
Length of Residency: 1-3 months
Residency Location: Wales and London, UK
Living and working spaces
Accommodation and Facilities
- Living space in Wales and London with internet access, shared bathrooms, communal kitchens and living spaces for residents.
- Resident facilities include technical workshops, public event spaces and exhibition spaces.
- A living allowance of £600 per month
- International travel expenses up to £500
- The resident artist will receive a fee of up to £800 for the project (depending on the artist’s final project proposal)
Technical and Administrative Support
In addition to financial support, artists will receive support from the Troy House team, including technical assistance, and event/exhibition promotion, and facilitation of collaborating with institutions and audiences.
The program will support two International Artists.
- Application Eligibility Requirements: Age 25 or older; Applicant is the original creator of works.
- Entry Requirements: We hope that the artist will provide a public education activity before the end of the residency period. It can be any eclectic style of lecture, open studio, workshop, forum, presentation, etc.
- Screening Mechanism: Points jury members will screen applicants and select two candidates for the award.
- We will inform the selected artist by email and publish it on the official websites, Instagram, and Facebook pages.
- Applying artists must comply with local laws and regulations during the residency period.
- Agree to reside in Monmouth, Wales for the duration of the residency.
How to apply
- Please download and fill the International Residency Application Form from our website
- Artist’s CV
- Portfolio (submitted as a PDF file; please provide a link to video work in the file)
- Please do not send your applications via post. The institution is not obliged to return original materials.
Please send your application and all relevant documents to email@example.com by the end of May 2022.
Please send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org