The Academy of Fine Arts of the University of the Arts Helsinki is recruiting a Postdoctoral Researcher in the thematic area of ecology for a three-year term of 1 August 2021 – 31 July 2024. Grounds for a fixed-term position is gaining of academic qualifications. The position is full-time.
Duties of the Postdoctoral Researcher will include their own research in fine arts and in the thematical area of ecology highlighted in the University’s strategy. Under the supervision of a professor in artistic research, the Postdoctoral Researcher will participate in guiding doctoral candidates of the Academy and provide teaching and tutoring related to ecological issues, participate in the Academy’s curriculum planning and development, as well as other undertaking relevant university activities.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, in addition to personal research and publication activities, your tasks may also include research activity development work on behalf of the University of the Arts Helsinki – i.e. project planning, applying for funding as well as other communal university activities.
The postdoctoral researcher’s post will be located at the Academy of Fine Arts, as a part of the Doctoral Programme in Artistic Research.
- A suitable doctoral degree from a Finnish or an internationally recognised university, granted within the last five years.
- A demonstrated record of activities in artistic research including publications in the thematical area of ecology.
- The skills to carry out independent research.
- Good communication and interaction skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team of researchers and an international research network.
- The capacity and willingness to contribute to the research community at the academy of Fine Arts.
The salary for the position will be based on level 5 of the demands level chart for teaching and research personnel in the salary system of Finnish universities. Monthly salary at the beginning of the employment will be approximately €3000-3400 depending on the selected candidate’s qualifications and professional experience.