What is still safe? At a time when everyone has free access to information, fake news is becoming a household name. School children fight for the climate because they see their civilization threatened. As we live in abundance, the gap between privilege and discrimination continues to widen. The pandemic calls for the individual to renounce the big picture, capitalism does the opposite.
Ambivalences shape our world. Everything is possible, nothing is neccesary. A thousand possibilities, a thousand supposed truths, everything everywhere and at the same time. Wherever there is an alternative, commitment is dispensable. Our present may have become too complex for a single spirit to give it order – questions remain open. But how much unanswered can you live with? And how long can we hold out? Perhaps that belongs to the essence of the present or it is just becoming present to us. We will find out. Until then, everything is without guarantee.
No guarantee for anyone. No guarantees.
- The ZUKUNFTSVISIONEN 2021 artist residency will take place just before the festival. The minimum duration of the residency is two weeks, the maximum length is four weeks. As such, the earliest that the residency can begin is the 23rd of April, and the 7th of May at the latest.
- The festival will take place between the 21st and 30th of May 2021.
- Anyone can apply; both solo artists and groups are welcome.
- Applications from all genres are welcome. The only conditions for the application are that the work be created during on site during the residency, and that the festival theme of “Ohne Gewähr – No Guarantees” be addressed.
- The application should take the form of a concept or sketch of a piece of work to be created during the residency.
- The concept or sketch should be presented in a PDF document and include text, sketches, or other visual aids to effectively communicate the concept.
- Video material must be submitted via a link to a video platform.
- The PDF should also contain information regarding any required technical equipment, as far as possible.
Offered by the residency:
- Each artist in residence will receive 400 € for materials and a 400 € fee.
- Artists in residence will be reimbursed for travel and transport costs following prior agreement with the festival organisers.
- Accommodation for the duration of the residency will be provided.
- Following selection, artists in residence will be involved in the organisation of their stay.
Deadline: February 28, 2021, Midnight
Where: Görlitz, Germany
How to Apply: via online submission