The Open Residency Program at Cow House Studios is intended to offer artists critically valuable time and space to think, research and make new work. The aim of this residency is to minimise distraction and ensure that momentum gained while working in the studio can be acted upon, helping to make even shorter stays highly productive.
Applications are open to both Irish and international cultural practitioners working in any discipline; visual artists, theatre-makers, writers, thinkers, choreographers, designers, performers, filmmakers, sculptors, photographers, etc. are all strongly encouraged to apply.
Cow House Studios provide a private room in our shared accommodation, meals and twenty-four-hour access to the studio* and facilities. Generous individual spaces are provided and the 343 m2 (3700 ft2) open plan space contains woodworking tools, a darkroom and computer lab. Additionally, we have a large selection of materials readily at hand that artists may use freely.
Price: €380 weekly
- three delicious and healthy meals daily
- a private room and studio*
- use of studio tools, facilities and materials
- transportation to the nearby towns of either New Ross, Enniscorthy or Wexford twice weekly
*There are 25% student and educator discounts. Additionally, they offer a 25% reduction for participants willing to share a room and studio. These offers can be combined, amounting to 50% off the weekly fee for qualified applicants.
- Week 1: February 3rd – 9th
- Week 2: February 10th – 16th
- Week 3: February 17th – 23rd
- Week 4: February 24th – March 1st
- Week 5: March 2nd – 8th
- Week 6: March 9th – 15th
For any further questions about the Open Residency Program, please contact Frank Abruzzese, Co-Director, Cow House Studios
- Completed application form
- Recent CV/resume
- A portfolio (only one pdf file). Although there is no maximum number of images that will be accepted, we advise applicants to only submit relevant materials to reduce the size of email submissions. The images should include captions or short descriptions. For videos/films/audio, you may provide links to your own website, Vimeo page, YouTube page, within the application form. Do not attach actual video files.