FINAL Details of Evaluation of RDS Visual Art AwardsDownload File
The Royal Dublin Society (RDS) wishes to engage an external consultant with relevant expertise and experience in the Irish cultural sector to undertake a piece of work related to the Society’s Philanthropic Arts Work Programme. The overarching goal of the programme is to provide a platform that supports the professional development of emerging artists in the areas of visual art, craft and classical music.
There is a strong history of support of visual art in the RDS with the first arts premiums awarded in 1741 and the first RDS Taylor Art Award awarded in 1860. RDS collections formed the basis for the foundation of several of Ireland’s national cultural institutions. Today, the focus of the RDS Arts Work Programme is to provide a platform to help students to transition into early professional career in the areas of music, craft and visual art. The RDS Visual Art Awards, is the Society’s annual visual art programme which comprises of a competitive longlisting and shortlisting process leading to a national exhibition opportunity curated by an experienced Irish visual artist and a prize fund of over €30,000.
- To provide a unique opportunity for all graduating students enrolled in degree and postgraduate courses in art colleges in Ireland and Northern Ireland to have their work assessed by an independent curator and if longlisted, by an expert panel of judges representing some of Ireland’s top arts institutions.
- To provide an important and high-profile exhibition platform for the very best graduating BA and MA art students in the country to be seen by curators, galleries and the public.
- To display and document the exhibition to the highest professional standards
- To award cash prizes and relevant professional supports in recognition of excellence, talent and potential
- To promote and profile high-quality and innovative contemporary art and artists
- To attract a large audience to visit the exhibition
- To inspire and encourage future competitors.
Read full tender document here: Details-of-Evaluation-of-RDS-Visual-Art-Awards.pdf
Quotes Suitable consultants are now invited to submit proposals to undertake an evaluation of the RDS Visual Art Awards programme. Proposals should include the following:
− Evidence of relevant experience
− A cover letter outlining your suitability for the assignment
− Detailed methodology including timeframe
− Two references
− Daily Payment Rate (Please note that sole traders will be paid through the RDS payroll)
Timeframe The deadline for receipt of proposals is: 4pm, Tuesday 31 August 2021. Interviews may be held if necessary. It is expected that the research would start in mid-late September 2021 and that the final evaluation report will be delivered before the end of the year.
Any queries for further information should be made to:
Arts Programme Manager
RDS, Anglesea Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Tel: 01 2407255
See www.rds.ie/visualart for more information.