percent final draft (1)Download File
St. Mochta’s NS, Clonsilla, Dublin 15 intend to commission a public art work/s under the Percent for Art Scheme funded by the Department of Education and Science.
St. Mochta’s school is looking to commission an art piece(s) which is/are reflective of the spirit, diversity and energy of our school. The proposed process must involve artists making new work as a central aspect of the commission and should involve input from pupils and the wider school community. The children were asked to design their idea of an art piece for the school. The dominant themes which arose were sport, music, books, the world, children and the willow tree.
The brief asks the artist to consider:
- The school’s motto
- The diversity and inclusiveness of our school
- The theme our pupils’ chose
- The school’s energy and involvement in a diverse range of disciplines
- The outdoor space specified (see pictures)
- The budget
Budget: €50,000 inclusive of all artists’ fees and costs including installation, VAT, insurance etc.
Artists Brief: percent-final-draft.pdf
Artists will be required to submit the following (please do not submit anything other than what’s listed below):
- A description of your concept and how you would work in the context of the brief (i.e. how you would approach the commission), outline proposed materials, scale and an outline budget. This is limited to 2 pages. Final design must be included
- A curriculum vitae, with three referees
- Images of past works that may be relevant in this context (N.B. max 10 with image credits).
- PLEASE NOTE MAQUETTE/MODELS ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS STAGE!
- The closing date for receipt of Stage 1 is 12 noon Friday 17th January 2020
- Please send your brief by post only
- Please provide a forwarding address
- Applications will not be accepted by email
- A hard copy of the proposal only
A maximum of up to 3 artists will be short listed and invited to develop their proposal to Stage 2.
Short listed artists will receive a payment of €300 to further develop their proposals for this stage.
There will be a selection panel which will include our principal, two teachers, a representative of the Board of Management/Parents’ Association, an independent artist and our new build architect.
Contact: John Cryan at firstname.lastname@example.org