After the two successful years, here comes a follow-up! Creative Industry Košice, together with and K.A.I.R. – Košice Artist in Residence, is announcing an open call for media artists from UNESCO Creative Cities to come on a two-month residency to Košice. The deadline for application is 20 August 2021.
Topic: Human Responsibility
- Is the current crisis causing a change in thinking and personal values? Or is it just temporary?
- What are the possible new or different forms of political and cultural group activities and coexistence? And how does the environment in which we live, including other living organisms, fit into this coexistence?
- How could the world slow down in the fight against the virus so that our society and economy respect our fragile ecosystems?
- What are the results and consequences of the process of moving between different places on Earth and beyond?
- How can the protection of human rights be ensured for all citizens? And what can we do to protect this and future generations?
- Scholarship of 2000 €
- Transportation costs to and from Košice
- Accommodation in Košice
- Access to the studio at KAIR
- Budget for technical production (up to 4000 €)
- Opportunity to participate in the art and community life of the city and to promote your own work in Košice
To apply for the residency, please use this online form.
If the situation regarding COVID-19 or another vis major is unfavorable, the residency or its parts will be postponed until spring 2022. It will be agreed upon individually with a selected resident.
Deadline: August 20, 2021, (23:59 CEST)