LP’s Silkscreen from Scratch’ weekend course is a great introduction to the silkscreen process. Participants will learn in a practical way, completing each step of the process multiple times with full tutor support.
The course level is aimed both at beginners & those who may be returning to silkscreen or those who wish to refresh their existing skills.
Silkscreen prints are hugely popular and can encompass text, photographic imagery, sketches and mark – making, plus many layers of colour. The method can produce clean, punchy images with a strong graphic quality and more refined, delicate images. Details stay crisp and sharp while colour pops off the page. This course is ideal for those eager to learn how to make their own printed t’s, totes, photographs, posters, flyers & artwork.
Use of all tools and materials are included in the course fee.
LP’s ‘Silkscreen from Scratch’ course will guide you
through the entire process with full support from LP’s silkscreen tutor Derek O’ Sullivan.
This course includes:
• Studio health & safety/best practice
• Image selection and preparation
• How to transfer images to screen & coating/ exposing screens
• Printing: Registration of image, ink & paper selection, printing technique, trouble shooting, creating multiple colour prints
• Correct cleaning/storage of screens
Derek O’ Sullivan is an artist, printmaker, technician and tutor.
He has taught with LP for many years and is an expert on all things silkscreen related.