A4 Sounds is a multidisciplinary artist studios and gallery. A4 offers support to artists at each point in their creative process through access to arts production equipment, mentoring and training programs, and events facilities. We aim to provide professional artists with a rich environment to develop their practice, to experiment with ideas, and to collaborate with others across disciplines. Our member artists work in a wide range of disciplines including, paint, print, textiles, activism, socially engaged art, film, documentary, animation, illustration, sculpture, performance, new media and more. If you are looking for more than just a desk in a room get in touch here!
They are seeking applications from professional artists from wide range of disciplines. As a socially engaged organisation we have also have a keen interest in applications from artists working in the following disciplines: Social Practice, Social Justice, Social Intervention, Socially Engaged, Dialogical, Participatory, Critical Thinking & Research, Activist, Political, Relational, Community, Collaborative Art or New Genre Public Art.
Memberships are modular starting at €75 per month, with the option of adding a storage locker (€10-€60 pm) or a personal workspace (€100-€130 pm).
Regular Membership includes:
– 24/7 access
– Kitchen facilities
– Outdoor garden with mezzanine & bike storage
– Member discounts for workshops, courses, events, gallery hire and more
– Profile page on our website
– Access to our Members’ Forum
– Access to meeting & workshop room
– Free Scanning & Printing
– Access to shared studio spaces (4 shared studios)
– Access to all facilities
– Access to shared equipment & materials
– Darkroom (Colour / Black & White)
– Print & Screen-printing (Lino/Block Printing Table, Printing Press, 4 Colour Carousel)
– Electronics Area
– Workshop & Tools
– Audio-Visual Equipment
– Reduced rental fees to our Event Space for rehearsals & exhibitions
Professional Development & Training
– Opportunity to take part in our annual Members Exhibition
– Opportunity to take part in our exhibition exchange with Sample Studios Cork and Engage Studios, Galway
– Free Darkroom Training
– Free Screen-printing Training
– Free Workshop Training
– Free Professional Development Training
– Free or Reduced fees on public workshops & courses
– Regular Artist Talks and group discussion and meet ups
– Regular exhibitions and events
– Collaboration opportunities with a wide range of artists
– Opportunities to host own workshops and discussion groups or to join those hosted by our members
– Ongoing support from the A4 Team
– Online studio forum to share ideas, ask for help and stay in touch with our members.
– Locker rental, various sizes €10 – €60 per month
– Personal Workspace €100 – €130
– 40% discount on gallery & event space hire
For more information and to apply visit the website.