The Abbey Road Artists’ Studios is a resource for professional artists of all disciplines set in the heart of Athlone Town. It comprises four individual studio spaces available for both long and short term letting. The non-residential studios are fully equipped with power, water, and Wi-Fi. In addition to the individual studios there is a large communal space suitable for group workshops and facilitations which can be allocated on a case by case basis. The studios are intrinsically linked to the sister venue Luan Gallery, which presents retail opportunities for studio residents as well display opportunities.
In order to apply for a studio space at Abbey Road Artists’ Studios, artists are asked to submit the following:
1) Cover letter to include:
• Details of proposed use of studio space
• Length of time for which studio is sought, e.g. 6 months, 12 months
2) Current artist CV to include:
• Details of artist’s training
• Details of past and upcoming exhibitions
• Details of collection inclusion and publication
3) Current Artist’s Statement, outlining discipline and defining intention of work
(max 200 words)
4) A stamped self-addressed envelope for the return of hard copy documentation. Documentation
will not be returned unless this is included.
5) Documentation of artist’s work
• Up to 8 still images – slides, photographs, laser prints, JPEG attachments
• CD Rom/DVD – film footage should not exceed 10 minutes
N.B. Applicants must not submit original work/master copies.
Completed applications can either be posted to the below address or sent in via email with the words:
Abbey Road Artists’ Studios Individual Studio Application in the subject field
All applications will be placed before a selection panel which will make recommendations on the allocation of studios to artists. Final approval of allocations rests with Athlone Arts & Tourism Ltd. The panel relies solely on the information supplied in the applications received. The panel reserves the right to shortlist artists on the basis of applications received and to call artists for interview if deemed necessary. The panel reserves the right to have a shortlist of artists in place should studios become available at short notice. Canvassing will disqualify.
It is the policy of Athlone Arts and Tourism Ltd to let the individual studios for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months. It is at the discretion of Athlone Arts and Tourism Ltd whether:
• an artist will be offered a renewal of their letting
• the terms of the renewal including the length of the letting remain the same.
Duration of Residency Rates
• 1 – 3 months €145 per month
• 4 – 6 months €125 per month