The Open Residency Program at Cow House Studios is intended to offer artists critically valuable time and space to become immersed, research, and make new work. The aim of this program is to minimize distraction and ensure that momentum gained while working in the studio can be acted upon, helping to make even shorter stays highly productive.
Applications are open to both Irish and international cultural practitioners working in any discipline; visual artists, theatre-makers, writers, thinkers, choreographers, designers, performers, filmmakers, sculptors, photographers, etc. are all strongly encouraged to apply.
Cow House Studios provide a private room in our shared accommodation, meals, and twenty-four-hour access to the studio* and facilities. Generous individual spaces are provided and the 343 m2 (3700 ft2) open plan space contains woodworking tools, a darkroom, and a computer lab. Additionally, we have a large selection of materials readily at hand that artists may use freely.
- Week 1: August 1st – 7th
- Week 2: August 8th – 14th
- Week 3: August 15th – 21st
- Week 4: August 22nd – 28th
Price: €480 weekly
- three delicious and healthy meals daily*
- a private room and studio**
- use of studio tools, facilities, and materials
- transportation to the nearby towns of either New Ross, Enniscorthy, or Wexford twice weekly
*Breakfast and lunch are self-service, while dinner is enjoyed as a group served by our excellent chef, Caitriona. All food is lovingly prepared in our kitchen.
**There are 25% student and educator discounts. Additionally, we offer a 25% reduction for participants willing to share a room and studio. These offers can be combined, amounting to 50% off our weekly fee for qualified applicants.
Submit the following documents in PDF format by Sunday, May 1st, 2022.
- Completed application form
- Recent CV/resume
- A portfolio (only one pdf file). Although there is no maximum number of images that will be accepted, we advise applicants to only submit relevant materials to reduce the size of email submissions. The images should include captions or short descriptions. For videos/films/audio, please provide links to your own website, Vimeo page, YouTube page, etc. Do not attach actual video files.
You will be contacted by a Cow House Studios representative to confirm receipt of your application. Successful applicants will be contacted by Monday, May 16th, 2022.