The VAO art competition is a not for profit event open to both amateur and professional artists based in the UK and internationally. The aim is to give artists the ultimate platform to develop their passion and career in the arts sector. Finalists will benefit from exhibiting, selling and showcasing their work to art critics and art buyers alike.
All artists both UK & International are invited to apply for the Visual Art Open Prize, with a prize value of £5,000. Finalists will also be exhibited at Chester Arts Fair 2020.
- There are 6 categories: – Painting /Mixed Media /Printmaking – Illustration /Drawing – Sculpture – Photography/Digital Art- Young Artist (16-24 years old) – Children’s Award (15 years and under).
- Cost – £15.00 per submission. £10.00 for entrants under 24 years old.
- The overall winner of the VAO will be awarded: Cash prize of £1,000.00 to support the production of new works, plus stand space at Chester Art Fair 2021.
- £250.00 will be awarded for category winners.
- No age restrictions – all welcome to apply.
- The artist will be responsible for delivery and collection of artworks for the finalist exhibition, and also for insurance whilst in transit and for the duration that the artwork is with the VAO for exhibitions.
- Any works sold for finalists at the exhibitions will incur a 30% commission.
Apply online at www.visualartopen.com