Amadan is looking for passionate, experienced and skilled individuals to join our current Board of Directors.
Artistic vision, leadership and good governance is at the heart of every successful theatre organisation, your role will be to bring creative drive and strategic focus to Amadan -a physical theatre company that contributes to the performance arts community in Northern Ireland.
The qualities required for good artistic leadership are not definitive and it would be a tall order for one person to have them all. The following, however, may be considered:
- Prior experience in Finance or Communications (PR/ Marketing)
- An understanding of where the organisation is currently placed in the local and national landscape and the ablity to assist Amadan in our plans for strategic growth whilst delivering our exciting artistic programme
- The ability to evolve and develop the artistic vision in a direction that fits the mission of the organisation at a realistic pace and with due consideration for its audiences.
- Knowledge of finances, staffing structures, management and fundraising strategies, and how they all influence and react to the artistic policy.
- A good track record of previous artistic productions and can engage with and understand theatre at different scales and in different mediums according to the demands of the organisation.
A brief outline on Amadans background and mission-
Amadan creates physical theatre using clown and bouffon, creating work that is provocative, stimulating, relevant, entertaining and challenging. Through Clowning they want to bring joy and entertainment, through their Bouffons the intention is to provoke and excite. Amadan creates a space for opportunities in Northern Ireland to facilitate and encourage play, resilience and confidence. This is achieved through their original and devised productions, continued mentorship & development programmes, introduction to Clown and Bouffon practice, outdoor performances, residencies and hosting world renowned practitioners to facilitate workshops and training in Belfast. Amadan has been completely self-reliant and has only been in the receipt of funding since 2020. Having been awarded the Pathfinder Award from Belfast City Council, Amadan will now be able to provide the opportunity for Board Members to receive governance training from Arts & Business NI.
To respond to this call out Amadan is asking for an up to date CV that outlines your experience and suitability for this role. As a Board of Director position this is an unpaid role.
This should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: Board Member Call Out by 14th March 2022