Do you want to develop your international profile?
Are you interested in building international links with your organisation?
This Visual Artists’ Café aims to explore some of the options available for artists to develop their international profile by taking advantages of opportunities in Pakistan.
This event is brought to you in partnership with artist and curator Amna Walayat (creator of the Ireland-Pakistan Arts Exchange project).
Pakistan has a growing contemporary art sector and organisations and institutions there are very keen to develop links with artists in Ireland.
This Café will highlight several active residency opportunities, opportunities to exhibit and will introduce you to key people who can help make them happen.
- Amna Walayat, artist and curator, project lead on Ireland-Pakistan Arts Exchange, based in Cork
- Mr. Shahzad Dastgir Nousherwani, (Deputy Head of Mission (HOC), Embassy of Pakistan in Dublin.
- Jamal Shah, President/Chief Curator, International Islamabad Art Festival and former Director General of Pakistan National Council of Arts, Islamabad
- Tanya Sohail, Independent curator and Former Director Art & Culture at Punjab Council of the Arts, Lahore
- Dr. Sumera Jawad, Principal of College of Art & Design, University of Punjab, Lahore
- Sajida Haider Vandal, Vice Chancellor, Institute of Art and Culture, Lahore
We hope you can join us from your home or studio. It’s not just a chance for you to find out what’s happening in the art world, it’s also a fantastic opportunity to connect with artists and chat over a cup of tea.
Anyone who has attended one of our Visual Artist Cafés around the country over the last year or so will know that the events are informal and all centred around creating a space to share information. Our online Café will be no different – we will update you on news from VAI and the sector, invite artists to share their work with you and have guest speakers presenting on opportunities that are available to you.
WEBINARS and ONLINE EVENTS: We use Zoom to host our online events. The following text should be followed and tested before registering for a Cafe or Help Desk Event. Zoom has an excellent Help Desk service if you are experiencing problems.
You will be emailed a link to the event in the confirmation email you receive after you have registered.