“That Nature Is a Heraclitean Fire and of the Comfort of the Resurrection” In celebration of Gerard Manley Hopkins’s connection with Monasterevin and love of nature.
Harness the power of natural dyes when you join a taster eco-printing workshop with Angelina from Blueway Art Studio. This hands-on beginners’ workshop is an excellent taster experience if you’d like to learn how to make natural dyes. The fun and informative experience will give you the chance to create your own natural, botanical art print on paper using leaves and flowers from the local trees and plants in Ireland’s Ancient East.
I’ll introduce you to the history and traditions of the dye process, from natural dyeing techniques to the bright colours associated with our ancestors. When the natural dyes have set, you’ll get to reveal original and unique design, which can be used as a wall print, card design, or book cover. It’s a beautiful experience to watch nature and your creations transform into something new in this fun and creative workshop.
- Learn traditional and sustainable dyeing skills that will last a lifetime
- Experiment with using different natural dyes and layouts on handmade Japanese papers
- Discover how to capture the spirit of Kildare’s lush landscape by gently rolling your designs into bundles
- Discuss Gerard Manley Hopkins connection with Monasterevin, did the beautiful trees, walks, and waterways provide inspiration?
- Visit or enter your new prints in the Manley Hopkins Art Exhibition.