The popular Essential Ecoliteracy course is for mid-career/post-graduate creative practitioners, educators, curators, arts administrators, cultural policy and other cultural researchers.
Gain Essential Ecoliteracy in just 7 weeks
through the popular, self-paced, fully guided HAUMEA ECOLITERACY ONLINE course.
Led by ecological (ecosocial) artist Dr. Cathy Fitzgerald (Ireland) along with ecophilosopher Dr. Nikos Patedakis (California) you will learn why ecoliteracy and ecophilosophy can assist arts practitioners and professionals in developing impactful: creative practices, exhibitions, events, community art programs, art courses, or help you develop insightful cultural leadership for these urgent times.
Each week participants will have access to video lessons that can be engaged independently. There will be weekly group meetings via Zoom for valuable peer learning and networking with other creative workers across the world.
See what people are saying about this unique course here
WHY ARE ECOLOGICAL INSIGHTS CHALLENGING FOR THE CREATIVE SECTOR?
Ecoliteracy is a big topic! It encompasses ecologically expansive understanding and integrated ecosocial values, not currently prioritised in the creative sector, but which are needed to help modern society shift toward sustainable and equitable living. Informed creativity has immense social power to inspire others to embrace a more beautiful, just and sustainable culture.
Position your work at the forefront of this crucial, urgent cultural shift.
The benefits of joining the Haumea Essential Ecoliteracy course:
- will help you become fluent with the ecological mind-shift, language, concepts, frameworks and practices–vital to communicate and advance a life-sustaining culture. Ecofluency is increasingly important if you or your cultural institution wish to secure funding for creative aesthetic and community engagement opportunities.
- will help you understand clearly how the dominant culture has historically misperceived our place on Earth and contributed to this unprecedented cultural crisis–and correspondingly, we learn why informed ecocultural activity is crucial for global sustainable cultural renewal.
- you will know why modern society’s future lies in an expansive, inclusive planetary worldview, where all understand Earth’s inhabitant’s flourishing is ultimately connected with healthy environments and intergenerational social justice
- you will more skillfully collaborate and co-create with others not in the art world (scientists, environmental experts, teachers and local knowledge holders) in the shift to collective transformative learning, and most importantly, you
- know how Earth-aligned creative activity can help us live well with the wider community of life.
We offer a fee scale to accommodate people’s situations. The sustaining rate for our business is €269, and a reduced rate of €189 for unwaged – low waged learners.
If you are being sponsored for this course for Continuing Professional Development (CPD), the rate is our sustaining rate at €269. (You may wish to follow other learners who included this course fee in their funding applications to County Arts Offices or national arts organisations).
or email: cathy@Haumea.ie
Phone: 087 285 7129
Bookings close 3 Jan 2022.
As we prioritise transformational learning for each learner, PLACES ARE LIMITED to 20 participants in each course.
Please book early to avoid disappointment