The Application Period for 2017-2018 Irish Awards is now open with a deadline of 28 October 2016. The Fulbright Irish Citizen Awards provide grants for Irish citizens, and E.U. citizens who have been resident in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years, to research, study, or lecture in the U.S. on an annual basis.
There are five types of Fulbright grants available to Irish citizens.
- Fulbright Irish Student Awards to conduct postgraduate research / enrol in postgraduate degree programs in the US
- Fulbright Irish FLTA Awards to teach the Irish language in the US
- Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards for academic or professional research / lecturing in the US
- Fulbright Irish TechImpact Awards to conduct academic or professional research in the US
- Fulbright Irish Schuman Awards for graduate and postgraduate study, research and lecturing