Applications are invited for the 2021 Visual Artists Ireland Residency at Centre Culturel Irlandais, Paris.
The Residency is open to all members of Visual Artists Ireland working in all visual art forms at all career stages.
This year VAI will provide a two month research based residency at Centre Culturel Irlandais in Paris. Accommodation, one return flight, and a stipend of €750 per month is included in the residency. The residency offers a great opportunity for visual artists to tap into the resources of the CCI, as well as being an important means of showcasing Ireland’s dynamic contemporary culture on an international stage.
How to apply
Full guidelines, terms and conditions and application form available on the CCI website: www.centreculturelirlandais.com. Applications by post or e-mail cannot be accepted.
A clear indication of the focus of the residency will be required together with a record of professional achievement: details of publications, exhibitions, performances, compositions, prizes, awards and related aspects of practice, as well as experience of other residencies. Visual artists must have had at least one solo exhibition.
Please clearly state VISUAL ARTISTS IRELAND RESIDENCY in your statement so that it can be considered. Applicants must also include their up to date VAI membership number. Failure to do so will mean that you will not be considered for the residency.
Applications to be made on-line by Tuesday 12 January 2021, 5pm GMT
The Assessment Panel will comprise of representatives from Centre Culturel Irlandais, Visual Artists Ireland, and an independent visual arts representative.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be a member of Visual Artists Ireland to enter.
- The residency is open to practitioners in all visual art forms, within the limits of the facilities available in the Centre.
- The bursary covers travel and accommodation in the Centre Culturel Irlandais. The artist is expected to spend the period agreed in the Centre.
- Each resident artist will receive a stipend of €750 per month.
- The artist in residence will be asked to participate in the cultural programme of the Centre Culturel Irlandais.
- Residency of two months will be awarded for the period August 2021- June 2022.
You must be a current member of Visual Artists Ireland to enter (including NI members). Professional and Associate Members may apply. Join Visual Artists Ireland or renew your membership here: visualartists.ie/join
For more information and to apply visit: centreculturelirlandais.com//artistes-en-residence/