Get Together is 5! The programme for this year’s national day for visual artists is open for registrations with a wide range of artists, curators, critics and academic speakers invited.
Since Get Together 2015, we have looked at what is current and also feedback from previous years to build a programme that offers much to each artist who attends. This year’s influence is the area of Opportunity, how do we build them; take advantage of them, and most of all how do we ensure that they are equal. As well as panel discussions, there will be presentations by fellow visual artists who will give insight into how they keep going and where they find their motivations.
Plus, all of your favourites are back – Speed Curating, Portfolio Reviews, Help Desks, Artists Speaking and the Visual Artists Café as well as the second year of our hugely popular Members Award.
For more information and to book online see here: visualartists.ie/get-together-2016/
What to look forward to:
- Panel Discussions with over 30 experts discussing contemporary professional visual art practice and the topics impacting on the lives of individual artists. Panels include: Equal Opportunities in the Visual Arts: Gender, Spaces to Work, Making the Market, Brexit: How will it Impact Us and the Jason Oakley Art Writing Forum.
- Artist Talks. Throughout the day there will be presentations by ten exemplary artists speaking about their work, the development of their careers and their own personal experience as professional visual artists. View the artists and links to their work here.
- Speed Curating: Choose from a list of 30 of the best curators in Ireland and the UK for one-on-one meetings. Selecting who you would like to meet entitles you to 10 minutes with each curator, an opportunity to show them your work, present your ideas and make the connection. This is a hugely popular event for curators and artists; and has lead to multiple exhibitions, working relationships and collaborations. View the full list here.
- Clinics: These clinic offer specialist advice on your specific area of concern or in-depth analysis which seeks to help you in an area of your career. Clinics are for up to 30 minutes and include: Financial, Legal, Copyright, Artists Resale Right, Curatorial, and Publicity / Social Media. View information on our invited experts here.
- Portfolio Review: get expert advice on how you present your practice. For artists at all stages of their career is an opportunity to get in-depth advice about how to move your practice to the next stage. Our experts this year include directors of internationally renowned public galleries, arts festivals and biennales. View biographies here.
- Visual Artists Café – A space to meet one another. A space that encourages making new connections, meeting people and sharing networks. There will be representatives from arts organisations and galleries from all over the country.
- The Café will also have Help-Desks to provide information and advice on practical matters such as sustaining a practice, legal advice, copyright, tax, available funding.
- Tasty Lunch!