Deadline: 1 December
(un) titled, curated by Dani Gill, is an online publication for young artists to create an expressive collection that captures our best stories. Our aim is to accept the beautiful, in all its different mediums.
Call for submissions for our first issue: human.
Theme description and application form can be read here: http://www.danigill.com/art-writing-online-publication-galway/
Each submission must cohere to the theme of the current issue and include the artist’s name, age (13+) and email address in each piece.
Please note there is a submission fee of €7 per entry.
These are the types of submissions we are looking for:
- Ask someone series: Each issue we will have three questions for you to go out and ask your friends, your family or those complete strangers you want to know more about. The idea behind this is to ask the questions we always feel afraid to ask and to promote connectedness and authenticity.
This issue we are asking:
– When you thought of love when you were younger, what did you think of then and what do you think of now?
– What would you say to someone who is gone, if they were still here?
– Define ‘human’
- Write to someone series: this issue we are accepting open letters. the idea is to write a letter to someone you have something you want to say to – but that they remain unnamed. letters must be up to a max. of 700 words.
- Fiction: we accept short stories and poetry.
-we allow short story submissions up to a max. of 2000 words.
-we allow up to three poems per submission but you may submit less.
- Non-fiction: we accept essays and articles up to a max. of 2000 words.
- Photography: we accept collections of up to 6 photographs but we are also looking for stand-alone pieces to accompany other submissions. submissions should be in .jpeg format and 300dpi.
- Artwork: we accept collections of up to 6 pieces of artwork but we are also looking for stand-alone pieces to accompany other submissions. submissions should be in .jpeg format and 300dpi.