Deadline: 5 December, 5pm
This position is only open to people who are eligible for Community Employment Scheme, i.e. over 25 years of age and in receipt of a Dept. of Social Protection payment for 12 months or more.
The project assistant will support and assist the Director generally and the Programme Manager specifically in delivering and promoting the National Sculpture Factory (NSF) programme of events, lectures, workshops, specific art projects, residencies and more.
19.5 hours per week.
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of NSF projects
- Working on NSF project promotional materials
- Promoting and integrating NSF projects on the website, face book, twitter etc and other digital platforms
- Preparation of print materials
- The Projects Assistant will also be called upon to complete general office duties such as answering the telephone, photocopying, and mail out assistance and general office administration.
- The Participant will be given the opportunity to work with artists and other art professionals, and gain knowledge of the wider visual arts communities at a national and international level. This is an ideal position for someone heading in the direction of arts
- administration/project management
- Experience in using Mac and PC desirable or, if not, a willingness to learn on the job.
- Some experience of the arts sector desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility may be required as person may be required to work outside of office hours during project delivery times and in terms of the variety of tasks that may need to be done.
- Design skills /Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign programme knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Social networking skills/ Facebook / Linked In / Twitter
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on Community Employment Schemes (CE Scheme) see: www.citizensinformation.ie/employment_support_schemes/community_employment_scheme.html