Closing date: Friday 7 June, 5pm.
The technical assistant is based in the National Sculpture Factory, Cork and is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the workshop facilities and it users under the supervision of the technical manager.
The duties consist of the following:
- The promotion of a safe working practice and the role of ensuring that the possibility of hazards and risk are kept to a minimum
- The maintenance of all equipment and stock
- To provide technical assistance to artists where appropriate
- To assist on fabrication of projects approved by the Director
- To work on the development of the NSF and to expand the range of equipment available
- To undertake any additional duties in consultation with the Director that may be required from time to time
- Liaising with the technical manager and Director on organising special events on the NSF workshop
- To attend staff meetings where directed
For information on Community Employment Schemes (CE Scheme) see: www.citizensinformation.ie/…
To be eligible for C E Scheme applicants need to be over 21 years of age and in receipt of a D.E.A.S.P. payment for 12 months or more. To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org