This 2-day workshop introduces you to drawing the classical portrait in pencil and charcoal, covering all of the technical and aesthetic aspects of portrait drawing, from the structure and anatomy of facial features to achieving likeness and creating expression.
Starting with the technical attributes of drawing the face and head, and then beginning to explore the more expressive qualities of this human subject, you will also have the opportunity to put your learning into practise by drawing a model from life on day two.
Some of the subject areas covered include:
– Approach to Classical Portraiture
– Structure and Anatomy of the Head for Artists
– Detailed Study of Facial Features: Eyes, Nose, Mouth, Etc.
– Working with Design, Line, Value and Form
– Light and Shadow
– Achieving Likeness and Expression
Dates: Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 July 2019
Fee: €200 (See website for discounts)
Location: Galway Arts Centre, Dominick Street, Galway
Booking: Contact 091 565 886