Submission of CV and initial design concepts: 25 October.
The Allianz Arts & Business NI Awards celebrate the best in creative partnerships between the business and arts sectors in Northern Ireland.
The theme this year is Trailblazing. Arts & Business NI connect their business and arts member network in original and unexpected ways with amazing results. They find new ways for businesses to grow and arts organisations to flourish.
The trailblazing theme invites us to explore the core function of Arts & Business NI which is to help develop the capacity and confidence of the cultural sector in Northern Ireland. In partnership with business members, as part of our extensive network, each arts member is given the assistance, confidence and opportunity to thrive. Arts & Business NI are keen to explore the breadth and diversity of the Arts in Northern Ireland.
Budget for 16 pieces is £3,500. This is inclusive of engraving and a presentation box.
They are looking for artworks that reflect this theme; however the brief leaves it open for the artist to interpret the theme in their own way, and in any medium, based on the brief outlined below
• The award should be a high quality art piece interpreting the theme
• The award pieces should reflect the 3-way relationship between Arts & Business NI, Business and the Arts
• It should reflect the quality, creativity and style of the Allianz Arts & Business NI Awards event
• The piece must be suitable for display in a business office or boardroom
• The piece can be free standing or wall mounted
• The award should be sufficiently light-weight and compact, yet also robust, for the purpose of being handed from one person to another during the awards presentation
• The design should include a surface for engraving purposes; the artist will be responsible for organising the engraving of 16 pieces. Arts & Business Ni will proved a detailed list of captions to be engraved on each award piece.
• It is essential that in addition to being functional, the pieces stand out as being unusual and imaginative pieces of art
• The design must be capable of being replicated 16 times (16 pieces are required)
All proposals will be assessed by a selection panel which will include representatives from Arts & Business NI, and external representatives.
Submissions for applications:
Post: Sarah Mackey, Arts & Business NI, Bridge House, 2 Paulett Avenue, Belfast, BT5 4HD