Risks, Rights & Reputations (RRR) is a half-day training programme developed by Index on Censorship, What Next?, & Cause4 to provide arts and cultural leaders with the guidance, inspiration, tools and resources to navigate the rights and responsibilities of producing challenging or socially sensitive work. The event is brought to you by Belfast Festivals Forum and will be beneficial to artistic directors, programmers, senior management and board members of arts organisations.
Friday 30 November 2018
12.00 – 5.00pm
£25 (or £15 members of Belfast Festivals Forum) incl lunch & refreshments
Discount code: BRAVE
In recent years, there have been an increasing number of high-profile cases raising ethical and censorship issues around festivals, plays, exhibitions and other artworks. For arts and culture to be relevant, dynamic and inclusive, we have to reinforce our capacity to respond to the most complex and provocative questions. This programme has been delivered successfully across the UK and aims to help those working in arts creation, programming, and production to continue to create vital, challenging, and risk-taking work.
The session addresses the challenges and opportunities related to artistic risk and freedom of expression. It aims to encourage participants to voice concerns and experiences within a supportive environment and programme of presentations, discussion and group work.
By the end of day participants will:
- Understand the legal and rights framework supporting artistic freedom in the UK;
- Learn from analysis of recent controversies in the arts;
- Gain confidence in decision-making & planning for potentially controversial work;
- Discover the value of creating an ethical fundraising policy;
- Benefit from access to new tools, resources and ongoing support from peers and experts
beyond the session
- Receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For more information see: blackboxbelfast.com/…