IN CAHOOTS WITH THE EARTH | GROUP SHOW
2ND – 18TH DEC 2021 | A4 SOUNDS GALLERY & BROADCAST
It’s hard. Hard to know what to do, or how to do it. Information is everywhere, but you don’t have time to read or think. Wrecked. Who do you ask? Who do you listen to? It’s overwhelming, relentless, unreal.
There are forces working IN CAHOOTS WITH THE EARTH.
IN CAHOOTS WITH THE EARTH is a group show of members from A4 Sounds, Dublin, Engage Art Studios, Galway and Sample-Studios, Cork. Together these 18 artworks and artefacts from our wider programme offer modes to disrupt and challenge the present; tools for collective reflection and imagining; or propose alternatives for the future.
We invite you to join us both online and offline to conspire with the earth.
TADHG O CUIRRIN
DANIEL BRENNAN & FIONA BURKE
JULES CHARLTON & RONAN CONCANNON
CLAUDINE CHEN, MICHELLE DOYLE, KERRY GUINAN, MEGAN SCOTT & FRANK SWEENEY
Dates & Times
2nd – 31st December
8th – 18th December
Trade Spells Shift Work: Criadach Construction Corp
Trade Spells Shift Work: WitchPaste Inc
IN CAHOOTS WITH CATU: Print Your Own T-Shirt
Trade Spells Shift Work: Sigil Stencil Ltd
I Spooky Youniversity – Transformative Portal of Abundance
You can access our full accessibility information via this link: shorturl.at/devL8
General Accessibility Information:
Power Relations | Performative Action
The gallery is well lit and the exhibition space can be easily navigated.
There is a rug covered in plastic on the floor. This rug also has some rubble close to the wall. You may walk across the rug to sit on the sofa or to view the work on the wall.
1. Living Room Area: You may sit on the sofa to view the artworks in this area. This is a two seater fabric couch. There is padding in the back and seat of the couch.
Video & Sound Works
Order of works
2. Kitchen Area. A video piece will be played on the small T.V on the table with its audio coming from a speaker below the table. The audio is a conversation between two people in Italian and some snippets of music. There will be a break in the conversation for a song.
3. Bedroom Area: The Bed. A video piece will be played on a monitor in the bedframe with its audio being heard from a speaker at the top of the bed. This audio contains clock ticking sounds and sounds of water.
4. Bedroom Area. The Desk. A video will play on a computer monitor on the desk with the audio coming from a speaker behind the monitor. This audio contains quiet sounds for the first half. The second half is a karaoke song. The microphone will be activated during this piece. You may sing along into the microphone if you wish.
5. Conference Room Area. A video piece will be projected onto the grey rectangle on the board hung from the ceiling. The audio piece will be heard from a speaker on the floor behind the cardboard cut out. This audio is a satrical advertisement for a course you can sign up to. It also contains music and towards the end some chanting.
Seating Areas to Engage with Artworks
If you have specific needs that are not included in this information please get in touch via and we will work with you to ensure you are comfortable on your visit. You can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.