Deadline: 1 April
The second round of residencies offered from the newly formed ENLIGHT project invites three European artists to undertake collaborative residencies developing public-realm artwork with technical teams based in Manchester, Stavanger and Rome.
Curated Place with SPECTRA Festival in partnership with MIRIAD at the Manchester School of Art (UK), I/O Lab in Stavanger (Norway), and Fondazione Mondo Digitale in Rome (Italy), are offering artists the opportunity to participate in a new programme and network producing and promoting light and sound artworks – exploring the meeting point of art, technology and design. Artists will be invited to undertake several short residencies with their host organisations – supported by their teams of technologists and technicians to create a new public realm work for exhibition in our existing festivals. The residencies are squarely focused on completing production for exhibition outside of traditional art spaces and developing the skills and networks of all involved.
Residencies will take place in the following production windows with hosts: July to October 2017.
Applicants must hold a valid passport from and reside in an EU Member State (passport and residency need not be the same state).
The organisers will provide:
• Hosts’ support and personnel to develop their ideas, and the resources of the host organisation
• All travel, accommodation and a sustenance budget
• An artist bursary of €2000 fee ring-fenced from all other costs
• Marketing for the project
• Introduction to local cultural partners and peers in the host cities
• An exhibition of the work in Aberdeen/Rome/Stavanger
Artists should apply through the application form here: www.curatedplace.com/enlight2017/