Deadline: 30 June 2017
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Programme offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. The organisers switch between hosting performing arts artist and visual astist every year. In 2018, the programme is open for performing artists and researchers.
• Emerging artists and art researchers working in the performing arts sector (Dance, theater and music among others.), who have a well defined reason to work and research in Kyoto.
* writers and cross-media artists can however apply
• Applicants must:
– Organise a public programme for Kyoto citizens during the residency.
– Communicate in English or Japanese.
• Accommodation during the residency period. [Maximum 3 months]
• Studio for production and research at Kyoto Art Center.
• Round-trip air ticket from residential area to Kansai International Airport or Osaka International Airport
• Production and research cost: JPY100,000 (including tax).- for an individual or a group
(not each member).
• Assistance by art coordinator.