The deadline for this award: Thursday 21 June, 5.30pm
The purpose of the Next Generation Artists’ Award is to support a group of promising artists across all disciplines at an early but pivotal stage in their career.
Maximum awarded €20,000
The Next Generation Artists’ Award is available in the following artforms:
- Arts Participation
- Literature (English & Irish)
- Street Arts
- Traditional Arts
- Visual Arts
This award is designed to support emerging artists to:
- buy time to develop their work and practice;
- support unique development needs to advance their own practice (this might be through engagement with a mentor, research, non-formal study and/or non-vocational training, collaborative partnerships, etc.).
Applicants must detail the development need that would most advance his or her career at this time.
It will prioritise those who;
- demonstrate ambition and vision for their work;
- show potential to develop and strengthen a distinctive and assured creative practice;
- show how they will benefit artistically from timely support for their artistic development;
- demonstrate in a compelling way how the award and financial investment of this level and at this particular time will have a transformative effect in bringing them to the next stage of their artistic development.
Guidelines for this award are published on the available funding section of the Arts Council website: artscouncil.ie/Funds/Next-Generation-artists-award/