Application deadline: Thursday 6 June, 5.30pm.
The purpose of the Visual Artists Workspace Scheme is to support artists’ workspaces throughout the country to provide the best possible working environment for visual artists and, where feasible, to enable a level of subsidy for the artists working in these spaces.
The scheme is in line with the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy (2016–25), Making Great Art Work: Leading the Development of the Arts in Ireland which commits to ensuring ‘a supportive working environment that addresses key points in the creative cycle by which art is made’.
The scheme will award grants of up to €40,000 towards running costs such as light, heat, rent, artists’ development programmes, administration and/or appropriate salary costs. A proportion of support up to a maximum of 20% of the total request may be directed toward essential maintenance and equipment expenditure.
Applications are welcome from the following:
- Workspaces dedicated to the support of professional visual artists.
- Workspaces that accommodate at least four professional visual artists working on site.
- Workspaces proposing to share resources for the benefit of the artists working there.
- Workspaces that have applied to Arts Grant Funding 2020 or intend applying for Project Funding 2020 towards their public activities (eg. exhibitions, productions, etc.), and NOT FOR STUDIO SUPPORT.
- Workspaces that do not intend to apply for studio support through Arts Council Strategic Funding 2020.
- Workspaces must be located in the Republic of Ireland.
For Guidelines and Application Details see: artscouncil.ie/…Visual-artists-workspace-scheme/
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org