The deadline for applications: 19 July.
Estudio Ciento2 is a glass-making studio located in Rompemoldes, one of Seville’s most dynamic arts and crafts hubs. The studio is dedicated to the design and craftsmanship of glass-blowing, glass-cutting, sand-blasting, carving, kiln-working, contemporary jewellery, archaeological objects and the reproduction of ancient glass. The production of the company is defined by the originality of the designs, the quality of execution and the final assembly of the parts.
The participant will carry out a 13-week internship performing tasks related to assembling and finishing the different collections of glass jewellery. Their main tasks will include glass and metal gluing, glass-pieces carving, assembling of different pieces that belong to the products from the different collections, silver testing, and final assembling of different products. They may also be involved in the final presentation of the product for sale, i.e. classification, planning, labelling and displaying.
Required Applicant Profile:
• Spanish language skills – useful but not essential
• Background in jewellery
• Experience in techniques on assembling jewellery on metal, i.e. curving, welding, polishing…
Role: Gallery Assistant
Start Month: September 2019
Duration: 3 months paid work placement.
In order to support you during your work placement Capacity Ireland will provide you with the following:
- €120 per week subsistence allowance
- Shared accommodation (own bedroom, shared living spaces such as kitchen, bathroom)
- Language tuition
- Flights to and from your destination (including airport transfers on arrival in your host city)
- Travel medical insurance for the duration of your stay
- Ongoing support and local pastoral care for the duration of your stay
Please apply via website:capacityireland.ie/erasmus/