Dublin I am back!
Are you intrigued or curious about encaustic painting, an ancient painting process using pigmented molten beeswax? Are you art enthusiast wanting to discover a new versatile creative process ?
Then join Isabelle for a day introductory workshop, learning the ancient art of encaustic Painting right in the centre of Dublin City. During the day long workshop, you will have the opportunity to discover the fascinating art of Encaustics, an ancient painting process using molten beeswax, resins and natural pigments. You will be introduced to the basic techniques of encaustic painting, sharing its spontaneous virtues of working with texture and colours and its versatility with building up layers. You will have the opportunity to learn easy and effective techniques in a fun and relax atmosphere and create beautiful artworks to bring home. Using an experimental approach to explore technique and manipulate the paint, you will be able to create a beautiful artwork and embellish it using a wide range of techniques.
Early booking recommended to avoid disappointment.
Art Classes for everyone: absolute beginners and developing artists alike.
• Resources on Safety, ventilation, correct working temperatures, and proper use of equipment.
• Appropriate supports and grounds, palette, brushes, colours and studio set up.
• Different ways to apply paint, fusing options.
• Mastering the enchanting Shellac burn technique
• How to achieve a smooth/textured surface.
• Create your own colours and making your own medium
• Incorporating mixed media techniques and embedding elements such as collage
• Mark making and Stencilling
Dates: Saturday 27 July
Times: 10am – 4pm
Location: Block T, Basin View, Dublin 8
Booking: Email email@example.com or call Isabelle at 00353 (0) 872793819