Dance Ireland are looking to engage three programme curators who will assist them in delivering aspects of our programme in the coming months. They are looking to work with creative, imaginative and highly motivated professionals eager to share their expertise, develop new learning and skills, and contribute to Dance Ireland’s work.
These are contract for service positions. Dance Ireland are open and receptive to new and novel proposals. In particular they are interested in hearing from independent dance artists who wish to expand their professional portfolio as well as established arts managers, independent performing arts producers and curators. Working in partnership with Dance Ireland, the programme curators will be responsible for the successful delivery of their project, within agreed parameters and within budget.
An ability to work independently, in partnership and as part of a small focused team is essential. The Programme Curators will report directly to the Chief Executive.
Dance Ireland is Ireland’s national dance development organisation. Their bold ambition is for dance to be valued and vibrantly, actively and confidently part of people’s lives. Achieving this, they believe, would ensure a sustainable future for dance in Ireland and a credible career for those committed to dance as a profession. Dance Ireland exist to make this happen.
Dance Ireland use all the opportunities of DanceHouse, their own expertise and connections alongside those of our national and international partners to create a programme of work that engages the public and supports the professional, crossing the boundaries of age, experience and genre.
Terms and Conditions
- These are contract for services.
- Fee: €2000 per contract plus (vouched and receipted) expenses will be covered.
- Start date: on a phased basis from July onwards.
- Flexible working schedule; due to the contract and creative nature of the work, we are open to flexible working arrangements.
- Curators can be periodically based in DanceHouse or off-site.
- A mutually agreed schedule and agreed contract will be central to each successful project.
- Dance Ireland adheres to the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997. All contract workers are subject to Dance Ireland operating policies and procedures.
For more information see: danceireland.ie/opportunities/