Deadline for applications: Friday 17 February, 2pm
WHAT (Waterford Healing Arts Trust) wishes to appoint an Acting Assistant Arts Director for a period of up to 2 years to assist in all aspects of planning, delivering and promoting the programme of the Trust and managing the organisation.
The Waterford Healing Arts Trust (WHAT) is one of Ireland’s leading arts and health organisations. Our programme comprises contemporary art exhibitions, live music performances in wards, artist-in-residence programmes, art and music making workshops for health service users via a mobile Art Kart, Artist on Call service, Iontas Arts and Mental Health Settings and a range of other programmes. We have built up a large collection of contemporary art which is on view throughout University Hospital Waterford and we commission artworks for specific sites within the hospital. We also connect with the wider community through our weekly Open Studio and the annual Well festival of arts and wellbeing. See www.waterfordhealingarts.com for more information.
The Acting Assistant Arts Director will:
- Work with the Acting Arts Director on developing and delivering a multi-disciplinary arts programme of the Waterford Healing Arts Trust in co-operation with the Board of Directors and staff members.
- Liaise with HSE departments, artists, and other organisations on planning, delivering and evaluating the programme of the Trust.
- Project manage WHAT’s visual art programme i.e. curate exhibition programme, oversee installations, manage the mediation and maintenance of the art collection, co-ordinate commissions, loans, donations and requests for artworks
- Co-ordinate the WHAT Iontas arts and mental health programme and Well festival of arts and wellbeing in collaboration with partner organisations and artists
- Co-ordinate the Artist in Residence programme i.e. support the artists, liaise with HSE departments where necessary and monitor, evaluate and promote the programme
- Support WHAT’s national programme i.e. co-ordinate Continuous Professional Development training for artists and healthcare professionals, support the WHAT Artists Network, deal with national and international queries, host visits and advocate for WHAT
- Work within assigned budgets
- Write and co-ordinate the design and production of mediation and promotional materials – press releases, catalogues, fliers, invitations – and organise the dissemination of these
- Seek and secure funding for the arts programme through public and private sources
- Work in compliance with the Health and Safety and Infection Control standards of the HSE and all relevant policies of the Waterford Healing Arts Trust
- Line manage and support WHAT staff, freelance artists and volunteers when necessary
- Deputise for the Acting Arts Director in her absence
- The Acting Assistant Arts Director will report directly to the Acting Arts Director of the Waterford Healing Arts Trust and will be based in the WHAT Centre for Arts and Health.
This post is for five days per week. Salary scale €28614 – €30940 per annum, depending on experience.
How to apply:
Please submit the following to Claire Meaney, Acting Arts Director, Waterford Healing Arts Trust, WHAT Centre for Arts and Health, University Hospital Waterford, Dunmore Road, Waterford.
- Letter of application stating your interest in the position and why you consider you are suitable.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of two referees with whom you have had a working relationship
- 2 examples of your professional writing – e.g. press releases, documentation, catalogues, articles, evaluation reports, funding proposals, sponsorship proposals
Candidates must be available for interview the week of 6 March 2017.
Telephone: 051 842664
For full job description see: www.waterfordhealingarts.com