Application deadline: 20 April
Mayo County Council are seeking to fill the position of Assistant Arts Officer. The Mayo County Council Arts Service is a functional unit within the County Council structure. Through the Arts Service, support is provided to artists, writers, musicians, dramatists, dancers, community arts workers and arts organisations working in Mayo. The Arts Service responds to identified needs of those who make and present art, together with those who are involved in the numerous other capacities within the arts sector.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• an ability to connect positively with the arts sector and public
• a passion for and commitment to the development of the arts within the county
• an understanding of the current policy issues influencing the arts in Ireland
• an ability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of individuals, groups and organisations
• an ability to be self-motivated, flexible and work on own initiative
The duties of the Assistant Arts Officer include but are not limited to the following:-
• to advise and assist the arts community, groups and organisations, those interested in engaging with the arts and the general public in matters relating to the Arts;
• to assist in the development of the Arts Information and Advisory Service;
• to support the County Arts Officer in the development and delivery of all aspects of the County Arts Service;
• to give Mayo County Council such services as may be required in the area of Arts Administration;
• to motivate and inspire enthusiasm for the Arts throughout the County;
• to assist in the co-ordination and development of Mayo County Council Arts Programme and Service;
• to assist in the project management and delivery of special events initiated;
• to submit such reports in relation to his/her duties as assigned by Mayo County Council;
• all other duties relevant to the Arts Service which may be assigned by the County Council from time to time.
The person appointed will be expected to work a minimum of 37 hours per week and will be required to work evenings or weekends as required.
For full job description and application form see: www.mayococo.ie/en/Jobs/Name,29118,en.aspx