Closing date for receipt of applications: 30 August.
The National Gallery of Ireland wishes to recruit an ESB CSIA Fellow in the Library and Archive Department on a fixed-term basis. The purpose of the role is to foster and promote interest in and research of Irish art and its history. Reporting to the Administrator of the ESB Centre for the Study of Irish Art the successful candidate will:
- Support the daily operations of the ESB CSIA
- Contribute to the general upkeep, maintenance and processing of the collection
- Assist with development and implementation of CSIA projects and programmes
- Contribute to planning and delivery of CSIA exhibitions and public engagement
- Deal with enquiries and provide assistance to researchers
- Contribute to digitisation, online projects and promoting the ESB CSIA collections and services
- Complete other duties as required
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualification in Art History, Library, Archive or Museum related field
- A demonstrated interest in history of Irish visual art, archival and special collections
- A keen interest in research coupled with strong written communication skills
- Advanced IT skills (MS Office)
- Familiarity with processing collections
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- An enthusiasm and interest in working in a cultural institution and a willingness to contribute to a positive working environment
Grade and Salary: Salary will be in accordance with point 1 of the Library Assistant Class 2 Salary Scale (PPC), currently €25,707 per annum.
Duration: 2 year fixed-term contract
Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Interviews commence: Week of 9th September 2019
How to apply: Please upload a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
For more information and to apply: candidatemanager.net/…