Application deadline: Monday 6 August.
Under the direction of the Installation Supervisor, you will be responsible to install, pack and move works of art in all media. You will contribute to material estimates and reports compiled by the Installation Supervisor and, contribute to the development of NGC standards for installation, handling and moving works of art. You might also, as required, perform the duties of Fabrication Technician. Services are provided in support of: on-site and offsite installations, the permanent collection installations, loans, acquisitions and general art movement activities of the NGC. The incumbent will also perform other related duties.
– Post-secondary diploma in Museum Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience;
– 2 years’ experience in a gallery or museum context, installing exhibitions;
– 2 years’ experience handling works of art in all media and sizes, manually and using handling equipment;
– Experience in constructing and packing transportation and storage containers and crates for works of art in all media and sizes. This work to be done to conservation standards;
– Knowledge of Windows applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
– Extensive knowledge and skills in the methods, materials, equipment and techniques generally used for handling, installing, packing and transporting works of art;
– Knowledge of the conservation standards for these materials and activities;
– Ability to safely handle large, heavy fragile works of art manually in excess of 45KG.
Salary $57,018 – $67,056/Year
Number of Positions: 2
For full details click here: clients.njoyn.com/