Deadline extended to Friday 3 May, 12 noon .
Open House Dublin is a free festival where buildings of all types and periods open their doors to allow citizens and visitors to explore. Irish Architecture Foundation delivered the first Open House Dublin in 2006, since then it has become Ireland’s largest architectural festival with an estimated 31,000 building visits in 2018.
Open House Dublin is a simple but powerful idea: showcasing outstanding architecture for everyone to experience. Buildings that aren’t usually accessible to the public and buildings of architectural merit open their doors for one weekend, with tours provided by expert guides.
Since its inception, Open House Dublin has proved its potential to engage with a wide range of our city’s shapers – from general public to policy-makers – highlighting the significant role that architecture can, and has, played in the evolving form of our everyday lives. Our intention is to build upon the festival’s annual celebration of the county’s best architecture and to inspire a better understanding of the processes and places that define us.
Through an extensive programme of talks, tours and exhibitions, it is our goal to highlight the buildings of Dublin that have altered our vision of the city over time, shaped how we live now and inspire new ways of living.
The OHD Manager will be a senior member of the IAF team.
● Manage all aspects of the conception, planning, fundraising delivery and management of the Open House Dublin Festival.
● Deliver and develop of all festival events and programme strands.
● Manage all communications around the festival including all communications with participants, visitors, stakeholders, fundraiser etc
● Research new event concepts, formats and programme strands while working closely with the Director and Education Curator to bring event concepts and programme strands to life.
￼● Liaise and engage a wide range of stakeholders including sponsors, building and event hosts, cultural partners and contributors as needed to ensure delivery of projects.
● Devise and implement the Open House fundraising strategy with the Director.
● Manage and coordinate all staffing, open calls, programme registration, workshops, spaces, access, tools, and equipment for the festival
● Working with the OH team and wider IAF team to manage and implement a marketing and communications strategy for the OHD Festival including print, online and on street marketing, social media, festival website and newsletter.
● Manage the programme content, online festival programme calendar and ticketing systems.
● Recruit and manage a contracted press officer for all aspects of press in relation to the Open House Dublin Festival
● Manage the Open House website and oversee the integration of new website with existing IAF website and online ticketing system.
● Review of member benefits with membership officer
● Manage the Open House Volunteer Coordinator and oversee the volunteer recruitment and staffing in the lead up to and over the festival weekend.
● Document and report on any activities as needed.
● Management OHD finances and fundraising.
● Coordinate related events such as the press launch/public launch
● This may include attending events outside of work hours and occasional travel.
Location: 15 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1.
Contract: 1-Year Fixed Term Full Time
For full Job Description see: architecturefoundation.ie/…OHD_Manager_JobDescription_2019
Please submit a CV (in PDF) and a Cover Letter to email@example.com