Dublin City Council, in partnership with the FAI invite proposals for artistic projects which will take place during the UEFA European Football Championships in June 2020 of which four matches will take place in the AVIVA Stadium Dublin. The invitation is for art projects in any artform (visual arts, film, dance, theatre, literary, spoken word, street art, etc, etc) which can be permanent, temporary or time-based which will respond to hosting of these matches in Dublin.
The budget for proposals is €50,000. This is for all costs relating to the commission including the cost of fees, development, creation, installation, dissemination and completion / removal (as relevant).
Artists Brief: Euro_2020_Legacy_Arts_Project_brief
Selected proposals will have to be in place in time for the EURO 2020 matches which take place in Dublin in June 2020.
Stage 1 Applications:
Proposals for the Arts Project should be no more than two A4 pages of text and data with a maximum additional two A4 pages of images. Proposals should clearly state:
• Artistic concept and intentions
• How the proposal relates to Dublin and EURO 2020
• Intended process/nature of the art intervention
• How the commission will be achieved. This should include an outline of known / anticipated technical issues and how it is intended to achieve these, including where relevant materials
• Outline budget including:
– Artist’s and team fees, development and production costs, exhibition / display / performance costs, insurances, etc,
– Total value of proposed commission
In addition to the proposal artists/teams are required to provide:
• Short biographies or C.V.s for the artist/team (to include all key members of the team if applicable)
• Examples of previous work – a maximum of three relevant projects in PDF format
Stage 2 A maximum of five proposals will be short-listed to move to stage 2. Short listed artists/teams will be paid a fee of €500 to further develop their proposal.
Briefing and Information
A briefing meeting will be arranged for interested artists, curators and creative producers. A question and answer session will form an important part of this meeting. The meeting will take place in The LAB, Foley Street, Dublin 1 on Thursday 22nd November 2pm – 5pm. Please note that this briefing meeting will be filmed for the purposes of promoting the commissioning opportunity and application to attend the meeting is taken as agreement to being filmed. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org