Application deadline: 5 May
Mid Ulster District Council, in association with Craft NI, is seeking to identify a maker/organisation to design and produce awards for presentation by the Chairperson of Mid Ulster District Council at either level of reception hosted by the Council.
The council is excited to work in partnership with Craft NI to commission 3 civic pieces for presentation by the Council as awards for (i) Civic Receptions; (ii) Civic Awards Evenings; and (iii) Chair and Deputy Chair Receptions. The awards will be presented to recipient individuals and organisations, businesses, communities and sporting teams.
1. Makers wishing to apply for this opportunity must complete the attached application form and return it to Mid Ulster District Council.
2. A selection panel will assess completed applications against the following criteria:
CRAFT NI Quality Guidelines for Retail: by this, we mean contemporary work/product supplied for retail should:
- demonstrate distinctive craft and design and significant accomplishment in its construction and presentation;
- demonstrate that the maker has in depth knowledge of the material with which they are working and high level skills in the techniques used;
- demonstrate the individual creative signature of the maker;
- reflect appropriate standards in the products’ durability, size, weight and materials that are suitable to retailers and buyers;
- be packaged / labelled appropriately to a high, professional standard;
- be accompanied with marketing materials providing details of the maker and the work.
Download the full application pack here for further information, as well as the application form itself: www.craftni.org/commission-call-awards